MATERIALS WE ACCEPT for recycling at our facilities:
The following are representative, but not exhaustive lists. If you have any questions about an item, please call us before you come by at 740-387-9041 during regular business hours.
ALL metals (except aluminum cans) require you to have a government issued photo ID, per state law.
All metals that would stick to a magnet. For example:
- Industrial scrap steel
- Baling clips
- Barn siding
- Cast iron
- Unprepared steel
- Torching scrap
- Heavy breakable cast
- Machine shop turnings
- Scrap machinery
- Scrap construction and farm equipment
- Sheet metal
- Structural steel
- Miscellaneous Scrap
- General Yard Clean Up
You must prove ownership for the following materials:
- Graveyard castings
- Road signs
- Railroad or Utility company scrap
- Municipality castings (example: man hole covers)
- Shopping carts
- Beer kegs
*Appliances (without a certified sticker) that do NOT have ALL refrigerant lines intact will NOT be accepted. We WILL accept air conditioning or refrigeration units containing chlorofluorocarbons (CFC's and HCFC's) for no fee.
- All grades of aluminum
- Painted siding
- Lawn Chairs
- All grades of copper
- Aluminum & copper radiators
- Auto & truck batteries (casings cannot
be cracked or broken)
- Copper & brass content scrap
- Electric motors
- Heater cores
- Auto radiators
- Scrap brass, plumbing, fixtures, faucets, & fittings
- Scrap lead
- Stainless steel
- High-temperature alloys
- Industrial non-ferrous scrap materials
- Catalytic converters
- Computer Paper
- White Ledger
- Specialty Grades
- All Corrugated
PETE or PET such as soft drink bottles.
High-density polyethylene (HDPE) such as bottles and milk jugs.
- All Industrial Plastics
- Computers – towers and lap tops
- Video games
*Fees may apply. No flat screen, console or projection TVs accepted. Call for details.
MATERIALS WE DON’T ACCEPT
Please be sure that your scrap loads and vehicles do not contain any of these items:
- Free-flowing liquids (gas, oil, paint, propane, water, refrigerants, etc.)
- Hazardous, toxic, or radioactive materials of any kind
- PCB-containing materials (ballasts, capacitors, transformers)
- Dirt, debris, or trash of any kind
- Combustible or explosive materials
- Closed or sealed containers (containers without a hole or opening) or cylinders
- Asbestos of any kind
- Ammunition or munitions scrap
- Anything containing mercury
- Beer kegs without proof of ownership
- Burnt aluminum or copper wire (except from contractors or farmers – state law)
- Oxygen, acetylene, propane, and any other sealed containers. We will accept tanks if the seal is removed.
- Freon tanks
- Unpunctured gasoline cans or automobile fuel tanks
- Cans, drums, and containers with residual material(s)
- Safes and vaults
- Oil filters
- Steel cable longer than 3 feet
- Vinyl siding
The following are the recycling numbers found on materials that we cannot recycle at this time due to lack of a viable secondary market:
Polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Used for food wrap, bottles for cooking oil and plumbing pipe.
Low density polyethylene (LDPE). Used to make grocery bags and squeezable bottles.
Polypropylene. Items like yogurt cups, medicine bottles, ketchup and syrup bottles.
Polystyrene. Items like Styrofoam and disposable plates and cups.
Generally means "everything else".