A unique combination of a work friendly environment and environmentally friendly people.
A family owned and operated business like Sims Brothers offers some unique advantages. Foremost is a supportive working atmosphere, where everyone is encouraged to be safe and to contribute their individual abilities and talents. Do our team members appreciate it? Many have been with us for several years, even decades. They’ll tell you they like our friendly, productive environment, our core values, and believe in their contribution to making the world a cleaner, better place.
Take their word for it! We invite you to view our teammate testimonials.
We expect our teammates to follow certain policies and behaviors such as:
- Treat customers and teammates with respect.
- Report to work every day, as scheduled and on time.
- Wear all safety equipment required for the job without fail.
- Keep all work areas neat, orderly and safe.
- Report any unsafe equipment or behavior immediately.
- Assist teammates to ensure that the job gets done to meet customer expectations.
- Treat customers and teammates fairly, honestly, and with respect.
- Build relationships.
- Maintain our service niche.
- Be a good corporation citizen.
- Grow the company.
- Maintain profitability.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
The kind of jobs we offer:
- Laborers: The majority of the work is performed by teammates who receive, sort, and prepare (by shearing, cutting, baling or shredding), various types of scrap in our yards for shipment to our customers.
- Equipment Operators: Our skilled equipment operators run trucks , mobile cranes, loaders, and fork lifts to move and sort materials in our yard and processing equipment such as balers, grinders and compactors.
- Maintenance: Our mobile equipment, stationary equipment, buildings and properties are maintained by skilled teammates who keep our business operating at the peak of efficiency.
- Support Team: Our talented Support Team in Accounting, Human Resources and Dispatch work hard to support our customers and teammates to ensure that we manage our accounts, support our teammates and get our fleet where it needs to be on time and safely.
Most of our work areas are outside and exposed to the weather, therefore it is hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
All Sims Bros. locations are tobacco, drug and alcohol free sites.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance (after 90 days of service)
- 401k (after six months of service)
- Paid Vacation
Become part of our team
If you’d like to find out more about opportunities with Sims Brothers, we invite you to contact our Human Resources Department at (740) 387-9041.
To submit an application, see our job application page or drop by any of our convenient Central Ohio locations and complete an application. You will be required to pass a drug screen prior to being considered for employment.
Thank you for your interest!