Ohio State laws affect scrapping of old motor vehicles (cars, trucks, RVs, etc.).
The recycling of anything that once was a motor vehicle, regardless of whether it currently has a motor, must now follow certain state mandated guidelines. Please do NOT cut an old vehicle into pieces before bringing in to scrap.
All Vehicles (including trailers over 4,000 lbs.)
- You must have and bring with you a valid title in the seller's name.
- We have a Notary on-site, so you can sign over the title at no charge.
- We send the titles into the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV).
- You must have and bring with you a valid government issued photo ID.
- You will be photographed as part of the record of the transaction.
RVs and Campers
These vehicles must be gutted in order for us to accept them. Note no title is required for campers.
If you do not have the title or need assistance in obtaining one, please visit your nearest Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles office. You may also contact the Ohio Titling Support at 614-752-7671 or visit their website at www.bmv.ohio.gov.